CTax logo
Do you see tax as a problem - we don't

HomeSelf AssessmentSeafarers Bookkeeping Payroll Contact us

Do You Work On Board Ship?  

If you do and your journey begins or ends outside of the UK then you may be able to get your salary paid tax free.

Of course there are some requirements that have to be met - for example a “one off” trip is unlikely to qualify as the period under review has to be for 365 days or more.

The main requirements are that any intervening visits to the UK must not exceed one half of the total period when reviewed at the date of each return to the UK and no individual visit to the UK can exceed 183 days.

Cruise Ship
Unfortunately, if you work in the UK sector of the North Sea you are regarded as performing all your duties in the UK and these duties will not qualify for the relief

If you would like more information please contact us on
01778 348 412.